Archive for January, 2012
We’ve all heard a lot about The Cloud recently, and vendors are scrambling to deliver on the promise in this space. Imagine being able to access your files from any of your devices – PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, whatever – and have them all stay in sync!
If you’re looking for a cloud file storage-and-sharing offering which is dead simple to use and just seems to work without any hitches, look at DropBox.
Here is how it works:
- You create an account, and get 2GB of DropBox for free.
- 50GB, 100GB, and 1TB subscriptions are available if you need more space or workgroup features.
- You install it on each of your devices – PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and/or Blackberry.
- Files you place or drag/drop there are synced automatically between all of your devices.
- You can decide which files/folders on your PC/Mac are synced to DropBox, which aren’t.
- You can optionally share files you store in DropBox with others, or just keep them private.
- It works even when you are offline – you always have your files, whether or not you have an internet connection.
- DropBox keeps a one-month history of your work – any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- DropBox uses SSL and AES-256 bit encryption to keep your data secure.
Go here and try DropBox now!